Are you familiar with a bone graft? If not, that’s OK, because our dentists with St. Louis County Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery in Chesterfield, Missouri, are here to help you. Bone grafting is important for many people who need help with the bone structure in their jaw. That is why our team has provided you this list of information, so you can understand more about bone grafting and what it is used for:
– If you have a weak jaw, speak with your dentist about product recommendations and suggestions to strengthen your jawbone either via implants or bone grafts as needed.
– Bone grafts work by using excess bone from one area of your body and placing it into your jaw. An artificial bone graft can often be used as well.
– Bone grafting procedures have often been used for several periodontal procedures.
– Several months will need to pass to allow the bone graft to strengthen along with the jaw before a dental implant can be used.
– If you require a dental implant, it depends on making sure that your jawbone his strong enough to hold it. If your jawbone is not strong enough, a bone graft will be needed.
If you still have questions, please call us today at 314-434-0493 to make an appointment. Our team is highly skilled and trained in bone grafting and can address your questions and concerns. So, call us today and let us help you. Drs. Stemme, Weber, Weber, and Kincaid are here to help your smile thrive!